We Love Our Hero!!!!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

That's MY Man!!!!!

14 days and our world will turn upside down. Mike heads out on November 23rd. I can rest easy knowing that for the first few months he will be safe. After that I will be holding my breath till he comes home.

I am not sure if I ever sat down and really figured out what it is about Mike that I love and admire so much. Mike is that guy that everyone knows and most love. I didn't much care for him when we first met. He was unlike any other guy I ever thought I knew. It didn't take long for me to start to like him. I had left a comfortable life in Omaha to join the Navy. I had started on a path of unknown so it was only fitting that I included this unfamiliar guy in my journey.

The more I got to know Mike and the more our love grew, I realized he wasn't so unfamiliar. He is a strong, motivated man who loves his family. A man that wants better for his family. Much like the man that raised me.

Mike has always made me feel safe. He has given me the opportunity to grow as a woman, a wife, a mother and a friend. We have had our problems - who hasn't? But we push through and when we come out on the other end, we would go through the conflict all over again just to have the result of a stronger, happier, more understood couple and family.

Mike loves poker and just as he gambles with his buddies on card night, I gambled with him 8 years ago and I won! I love you baby and can't thank you enough for what you have given me and our beautiful babies!

2 comments:

sharon said...

aww.... yall make me sick..lol... get an frackin room already!

Anonymous said...

So sweet. :)