We Love Our Hero!!!!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No News is Good News....Bah Humbug!

I know it has been awhile - so this post may go on and on.

Yesterday Raegen's pediatrician refferred her to a pediatric neurologist. For the last year Raegen has been dealing with on and off symptoms that just can't (or haven't yet) be explained. She had fuzzy eyes, tingling and heavy arms and legs, headaches, painful hands, daytime accidents. Back and forth to the doctors with nothing explained. Finally a doctor in the emergency room told us to get her doctor to refer her to a neurologist. A neurologist? WHAT? Both the ER doc and now Rae's doc think it is a neurological problem. The big glaring MS has been brought up a few times. We were hoping to get Rae in before Mike left so he could leave feeling like things were under control. Unfortunately they can't get Rae in till November 25th. Mike and I are obviously scared to death. So please keep Rae Rae and the rest of us for that matter in your prayers.

Mike leaves in 25 days. I am still thinking in the back of my mind that the Navy will cancel....please cancel, please cancel!!! 15 months is such a long time. I am not good at dealing with stress (that's what my shrink told me) and it has been very apparent this past couple of weeks. Mike and I seem to be fighting constantly and I am just having a hard time dealing with things - even little things.

Mike's dad is suffering from brain cancer and isn't expected to live much longer. Mike went home to be with his dad for a week. I know it must have been so hard for him, but I am proud of him.

Home for Christmas isn't looking good. We just don't have the money. It was more important for us to get Mike home to be with his dad.It would cost about $1000 for the kids and I to fly to Omaha. Then there is xmas presents, boarding the dog. I am so upset. I have always either had Mike home or went to Omaha to be with my family for Christmas. This year will be the first time it will be just the kids and I.

With all the bad and stress I am so thankful to have my family and my friends. Whether they are here in Va Bch or far away in another state they love me and are always around to listen. I think sometimes I take them for granted, but I would be so lost without all of them.

So obviously there is a lot going on in the Neaves' house. Please keep us in your thoughts and here's hoping I can stay sane through it all!

5 comments:

The Bowmans said...

Aww Sara!! Rae is definately in my prayers...Christmas is tough too..I had my first Christmas away from home last year, and it was very difficult, I even had Allen home with me...I'm sure your family would understand if there were fewer, cheaper or no gifts for them if you chose to go home..

Lori Parker said...

Wow, Sara. That's a lot to deal with. I'm so sorry that you're having to wait for answers. The waiting is tough :(

Christmas. Our expectations from the holidays are sometimes tough and sometimes realistic. But read the book of Luke. Remember what Christmas is really supposed to be about. And if there is ANY way possible to spend it with family... LMK if there is anything I can do.

(((HUGS)))

sharon said...

hey chick... take all the time you need... we will be here waiting for you...... chin up girl... the best is yet to be.....

Meghan Justice said...

Sara, I am sorry you decided to leave the group. But you do need to do what it best for you. :) I hope that you are able to get the support you need once Mike is gone. (((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Sara, my heart aches for you and your family. You know we are here for you anytime. You have so much on your plate right now I think I would crack, but you are so strong. Hang in there girl, you never get more than you can handle. Love ya!

I can not remember that stupid password to save my life. My brain is fried. Anyway it's Kim :-)